Friday, August 5, 2011

Taken Vs. The Man from Nowhere

I just got back to work today. I had not been feeling well since Wednesday so I took my vacation leave yesterday.  It just so happen that my son is also sick and been admitted to a nearby hospital, so I can expend my whole time to took care of him and be with my son for the rest of the day.


When Gareth is having a sleep, I open my laptop and look for some files to delete to free some space on my disk. One of the reasons why my disk space is low is because of too many movies. While browsing movies on my list, two movies caught my attention. So I immediately place my headphones and turn on my movie marathon mode. I haven’t seen these two movies before but heard good reviews about it. These two movies are titled “TAKEN” and “The Man from Nowhere (Korean Movie)”.




Storyline : Seventeen year-old Kim is the pride and joy of her father Bryan Mills. Bryan is a retired agent who left the Central Intelligence Agency to be near Kim in California. Kim lives with her mother Lenore and her wealthy stepfather Stuart. Kim manages to convince her reluctant father to allow her to travel to Paris with her friend Amanda. When the girls arrive in Paris they share a cab with a stranger named Peter, and Amanda lets it slip that they are alone in Paris. Using this information an Albanian gang of human traffickers kidnaps the girls. Kim barely has time to call her father and give him information. Her father gets to speak briefly to one of the kidnappers and he promises to kill the kidnappers if they do not let his daughter go free. The kidnapper wishes him "good luck," so Bryan Mills travels to Paris to search for his daughter and her friend.



Storyline : An ex-special agent CHA Tae-shik's only connection to the rest of the world is a little girl, So-mi, who lives nearby. Her mother, Hyo-jeong smuggles drugs from a drug trafficking organization and entrusts Tae-shik with the product, without letting him know. The traffickers find out about her smuggling and kidnap both Hyo-jeong and So-mi. The gang promises to release them if Tae-shik makes a delivery for them, however it actually is a larger plot to eliminate a rival drug ring leader. When Hyo-jeon's disemboweled body is discovered, Tae-shik realizes that So-mi's life may also be in danger. Tae-shik becomes enraged at the prospect that So-mi may already be dead and prepares for a battle, putting his own life at risk

Notes: Credits to imdb for the storyline. :)


By the way, do you know this? Ticketamerica.com has tickets for UMass Minutemen, UNC Pembroke Braves and the UNLV Rebels team games. Just saying.


umass minutemen tickets

unc pembroke braves tickets

unlv rebels tickets

1 comment:

kimmy said...

love TAKEN, nafa! by the way, hope you both get better soon..